I took the above picture when we were in Cape May, NJ. for Lizzie's boot camp graduation.
October 2007

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Life

So last week we had field trips. Emma's class went to the capital and to the history museum. They had a good time and Emma came home with lots of facts that I've forgotten, she has a memory for that stuff like my dad. MBJ's class went to a pumpkin farm. It was really neat. The kids each got a bag and could pick their own veggies out of the ground and load up. MBJ picked potatoes and carrots, which I cooked with dinner last night and they were awesome. One striking difference about pumpkin farms out here as opposed to the ones in Ohio is the mountains in the backdrop. I'm still enjoying taking it all in each day.

And fall break started on Friday, no school for over 2 weeks! We are enjoying being lazy in the mornings and playing with friends. We saw City of Ember this weekend, which was a pretty cool movie. We liked it. We also got some new ski duds. Emma way outgrew last years gear, so we got some new pants and a coat. They had gotten new skis right when we got out here. I can hardly believe it's even time to think about this stuff, but A-basin is opening tomorrow with Loveland (where we are going to get passes) not far behind.

And for those of you who have never been out here, no...it's not really cold here. It's still into the 50-60 range during the day and in the 30-40 range at night. But the mountains are always colder. AND the sun is so darn warm here that in the 50's you can feel roasty if you are not in the shade. I think we have had more sunny days here than when I lived in Florida.

And beyond that, I'll be off to the library today. We are starting our master bath remodel and I want to get some good ideas before I commit to a plan. Colors, tile sizes and design layouts, etc. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!

No comments: