I took the above picture when we were in Cape May, NJ. for Lizzie's boot camp graduation.
October 2007

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I love Colorado

I really do. This morning I took the kids to school and signed in to do my volunteer work, first helping out LM's teacher with paperwork and then EB's class to help the students with the days math lesson. It is really fun for me to get to go and help out, while observing my kids at school with their friends. I really like getting to know the other kids and just spending time in their school. We are really lucky to have another excellent school. From the technologies they use here like Mac desktops in the class and the mics the teachers wear so they can speak at a normal tone, to the whole attitude of respect for each other and our education...great school.
When I was finished with my role at the school for the morning, I walked out and enjoyed the glorious day. Blue skies as far as you can see, and being on a plateau a mile high, you really can see far... huge puffy white clouds hugging the mountain range to the west, and a giant moon sitting in the western sky. In moments like that I feel really peaceful and blessed to be here.

No comments: