I took the above picture when we were in Cape May, NJ. for Lizzie's boot camp graduation.
October 2007

Monday, June 16, 2008

Life in boxes

We are about to be reduced to living out of suitcases in one week. The movers will be here to pile our stuff onto the truck and then we'll be homeless for 2 weeks. Last night we were talking about how wierd it's going to be to have no home for that time. Our poor furbabies will be at the kennel for that time and we'll be traveling to live with family for that time. On July 7 we'll begin the 1200 mile trek to Denver! How am I supposed to pack enough stuff for us to live for 3-4 weeks (til we get our shipment) and fit it all in our cars!? This is proving a challenge. I'm not one to pack light.

My dad suggested that during our time in Michigan, we visit Frankenmuth for a day. In my family that was a yearly tradition, the trip to Frankenmuth. You are supposed to go up there, walk around these quaint little tourist shops for a few hours, while loading up on treasures like logo shot glasses and fudge. After a few hours you go sit down to a family style chicken dinner which is served by women or men in traditional German attire. Then you hit the world's biggest Christmas store on the way out.

If you interested in more information on Frankenmuth, just call their number at
1-800-Fun-Town.

Yep.

1 comment:

Mom and the Moops said...

Hey sweetie,
I know things are crazy bust for you all right now but if you have some time before you jet out of Ohio, let me know and Miss M and I will drive down for a quick visit if you are interested.
Jami