I took the above picture when we were in Cape May, NJ. for Lizzie's boot camp graduation.
October 2007

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Vacation is over!



Well the holiday break is coming to an end...after a bit of a lull with my wierd allergic reaction at Christmas, we got back into full gear playing and visiting with family and friends during the rest of our vacation. Alicia and Aaron came to visit us for a few days which is always fun...here is Lish rubbing it in my face that she whooped my butt at Rummikub!



We went bowling while Lish and Aaron were here and the kids had a blast! The lightest ball they had for use was 8lbs, but MBJ didn't mind throwing the 15 pounder every once in awhile...Here he is modeling his rockin' new Hurley sweater! The wild man had a great winter break, but boy, is he ready to go back to school. A little man can find a bit of mischief with too much down time....just ask EB!





On New Year's day we went for a visit to Grandma Sue and
Grandpa Harry's house. A dip in the hot tub on a freezing winter
day is always a welcome event!! It was like 20 degrees out, there was no way I was making that jaunt across the patio in a bathing suit...but Marty and the kids enjoyed it!





We were so glad to have the opportunity to visit with our friend Jana and her son Tyler while they were in town visiting (from New Zealand!)...the kids played at the Wonderpark and got to choose many great prizes with all of the tickets they won playing games...Great teeth Tyler! And I'm not sure we have any of those army guys left that were so valuable that day ;)


After visting with Jana and Tyler we drove over to perfect north slopes and finally got to ski for the first time this season. Emma picked right up where she left off with her skis and had a blast riding the hills. MBJ took a bit of time to warm up to his skis...but over the course of the evening, he was back to shooting down the hills with me yelling "why don't you try turning once in awhile?" as I skied after him. And by the way, my new skis ROCK!! So much lighter and easier to turn than my circa '99 Rossies :)
And tomorrow is back to school for both kids, and back to work for us. Happy new year!!

2 comments:

elizabeth-carrie said...

I love all of the pictures! :)

I'm Jen. said...

Looks like a Christmas vacation well spent.